PC Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Network Support
JOB TITLE: PC Support Specialist
REPORTING TO: Sr. Network Engineer
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE PREPARED: September 2021
The PC Support Specialist configures and maintains local area networks and servers. The position also manages active networking hardware, maintaining the functionality and data integrity of active networking hardware and its users and troubleshoots desktop/laptop software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sets up and installs standardized pc/laptop hardware.
• Configures and maintains local area networks, local servers, cloud-based servers, and manages the active directory and its users.
• Deploys, maintains and monitors active networking hardware, maintains the functionality and data integrity of networking hardware.
• Troubleshoots desktop/laptop software and hardware and manages exchange servers.
• Maintains and upgrades iPhone and Android phones for users.
• Plans Disaster Recovery procedures including the annual drill.
• Conducts product research and places orders.
• Runs cables, wraps wire, supports Field Techs and Customer Service, and installs and configures routers both in-house and at customer sites.
• Supports and maintains MS Office 365 and MS SharePoint.
• Assists in setup and deployment of SimpleWans (or similar networking gear).
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma is required.
• Five (5) years of experience with server architecture installation and maintenance and website development as well as building, upgrading, and troubleshooting desktop and laptop computers is required. Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Linux, Java and Flash is preferred.
• Five (5) years of experience performing installation, configuration, and deployment of WAN and LAN networking hardware, including the configuration and implementation of Routers, Switches and Firewalls is required.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Server Editions, Linux, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Office 365 and Microsoft System Center.
• CCNP Certification is required.
• Demonstrated experience with several software applications. Metaswitch Explorer and Calix CMS are preferred, along with proven knowledge of Layer 1 & 2 Telecommunications infrastructure.
• Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base/market, building relationships and acting as internal company advocate.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
• Creative Thinking – able to demonstrate conceptual creative thinking, taking an idea and visualize/describe the opportunity, then recognize the potential fit with culture and product lines.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and others as shown above.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.