DEPARTMENT: Operations- Network Operations
JOB TITLE: NOC Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Manager of Network Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE PREPARED: January 2018
The NOC Supervisor manages the day-to-day Network Operations Center (NOC) functions, to include scheduling and coordinating daily workload for VoIP Engineers, reviewing and assigning work orders and trouble tickets and assisting in the workflow of the Local Number Portability (LNP) team. This position is responsible for managing employees of the Network Operations Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and assigns work orders and trouble tickers to staff.
- Oversees day to day operations to ensure work is completed accurately and closed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the evaluation of new products, systems and equipment for the NOC.
- Manage staff of Network Operations Center (NOC) to include performance evaluations.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new personnel.
- Works special projects assigned by the Manager of Network Operations.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five (5) years of telecommunications experience, with preference given to experience on Metaswitch Softswitch and/or VoIP environments is required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience of direct supervisory or management experience are preferred.
- Must have demonstrated strong knowledge of SIP messaging, digital switching technology, traffic engineering, telecom testing methodology, Central Office protection practices, and subscriber and trunk carrier systems.
- Must have a strong and proven ability to analyze, summarize and solve issues with VoIP services and SIP messaging.
- Must have proven strong leadership skills, excellent verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with co-workers, general contractors, consultants, re-sellers and end users in a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Knowledge of Metaswitch 3510 soft switch and Calix DLC is preferred.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base/market, building relationships and acting as internal company advocate.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Project Management – able to prepare a plan that achieves stated objectives, establish and meet project deadlines, modify plan to reflect changing priorities and successfully complete project.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Verify data and information
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Leadership and supervisory, managing people
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
- Repetitive Motions
- Reaching/Grasping Reaching
- Normal office environment
- Electrical current
- Proximity to moving mechanical parts
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.