Local Number Portability Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Network Management Center
JOB TITLE: Local Number Portability Specialist
REPORTING TO: Network Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE PREPARED: October 2022
The Local Number Portability Specialist will be responsible for all port requests for both Saddleback and Reinvent. This position processes all LNP requests from the Resellers, customer, and carriers. The Local Number Portability Specialist is responsible for tracking all incoming and outgoing port orders. This position’s main responsibility is to ensure all port orders are submitted accurately, that port orders are tracked, and that any issues that may impact FOC (Firm Order Commitment dates) are addressed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews all port in and port out orders from Resellers or Saddleback customers for accuracy.
- Obtains LOA, Bill Copies, and CSR if available to assist with port request.
- If CSR is available, verifies and validates CSRs to ensure all of the numbers to be ported are reflected.
- Prepares Number Porting orders utilizing carrier applications and carrier interfaces.
- Tracks submitted Port orders to ensure Firm Order Confirmation (FOC) is received within requested timeframes.
- Resolves order rejects in a timely manner and escalates as needed.
- Manages the numbers obtained from Dash/Bandwidth.
- Assists in all number pooling and allocation to resellers, including obtaining the numbers.
- Works with customers and resellers to resolves errors with the port orders, such as address mismatch, name mismatch, vendors, etc.
- Processes and update orders in ROAD database.
- Reviews all port requests daily for accuracy to ensure timelines are being met, if timelines are in jeopardy escalates to appropriate parties.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two (2) years or more direct experience processing Telecom orders such as DA, 911, and/or purchasing, back office/general office or Customer Service are required.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base/market, building relationships and acting as internal company advocate.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.