VoIP Sales Engineer – Solution Specialist
JOB TITLE: VoIP Sales Engineer – Solution Specialist
REPORTING TO: Director of Channel
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: October 2022
The VoIP Sales Engineer – Solution Specialist (VoIP SE) will increase sales and customer satisfaction by providing sales, technical and application support for SIP and UCaaS services. In particular, the VoIP SE will have a strong focus on providing product demonstration support to partners end user customers and Saddleback Communications direct sales opportunities.
Working closely with Sales, Customer Service, Resellers, Customers, and technology partners, the VoIP SE will provide demonstrations of applications Reinvent offers for sale along with VoIP solution design, application support and implementation support. The VoIP SE will also support VoIP/SIP product and application and feature development, working closely with Sales Engineers, technology partners and product development to research and test solutions. In constant communication with Resellers, the VoIP SE will train, inform, and educate them on wholesale services, technology enhancements and implementation/provisioning processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Reinvent Partners and Saddleback Communication sales with demonstrations of Max UC Meeting, Contact Center, My Cloud Messenger, CommPortal Admin and Personal CommPortal, Hosted Fax and Call Recording as well as additional applications Reinvent provides.
- Supports Sales and Resellers with the presales development and design of VoIP solutions.
- Creates technical and sales presentations; assists with proposal and RFP support.
- Researches and tests new applications, IP endpoints, features and products.
- Provides technical and provisioning training and educates Resellers on products, features, processes and essential resources.
- Researches, organizes and updates technical documentation required by VoIP services.
- Assists in design and enhancements to wholesale processes and automation.
- Supports operations, Resellers and customers by performing switch provisioning for rush orders or as dictated by order volume.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Five (5) years of experience in VoIP Telephony system configuration and implementation in a commercial service provider or interconnect environment is required.
- Two (2) years of experience configuring and provisioning hosted VoIP solutions in a soft switch platform. Experience with Metaswitch platform is preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IP configurations, LAN, VLAN, IAD and firewall set-up is required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cloud-based services including hosted VoIP PBX and SIP trunking is required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PSTN, PRI, Trunks, POTs and other associated voice technologies is required.
- Must demonstrate a broad and in-depth understanding of VoIP Telephony business applications.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to internal customer base, building relationships with IT provider and other related vendors.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision and a high degree of self-motivation and self-direction. Able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail in a high-pressured environment.
- Project Management – able to prepare a plan that achieves stated objectives, establish and meet project deadlines, modify plan to reflect changing priorities and successfully complete project.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Public speaking/group presentations
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.