Jr. LNP Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Network Operations
JOB TITLE: Junior Local Number Portability Specialist
REPORTING TO: Director of Network Management
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE PREPARED: December 2020
The Junior Local Number Portability Specialist is an entry-level position that assists the LNP Specialist(s) in all porting requests (in and out) for both Saddleback Communications and Reinvent Telecom. This consists of processing LNP requests from the Reseller/Partner’s, customers, and other carriers. The primary responsibility of the LNP Team is to ensure all port orders are submitted accurately, that port orders are tracked through to completion, and that any issues that may impact Firm Order Confirmation (FOC) are addressed in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews all port in and port out orders from Resellers or Saddleback customers for accuracy.
- Obtains Letter of Authorization (LOA), Bill Copies, and Customer Service Record (CSR) if available to assist with port request.
- If CSR is available, verifies and validates that CSRs reflect all numbers to be ported.
- Prepares Number Porting orders utilizing carrier applications and carrier interfaces.
- Tracks submitted Port orders to ensure FOC received within requested timeframes.
- Resolves order rejects in a timely manner and escalates as needed.
- Manages the numbers obtained from Dash/Bandwidth.
- Assists in all number pooling and allocation to resellers; this includes getting the numbers.
- Works with customers and resellers to resolve errors with the port orders, such as address mismatch, name mismatch, etc.
- Processes and updates orders in ROAD database.
- Reviews all ports daily for accuracy to ensure timelines are being met and, if timelines are in jeopardy, escalates to appropriate parties.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base/market, building relationships and acting as internal company advocate
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Verify data and information
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
- Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.