Director of Customer Service & Technical Support
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service/Network Management
JOB TITLE: Director of Customer Service & Technical Support
REPORTING TO: President/GM
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: January 2023
The Director of Customer Service & Technical Support directs and oversees all aspects of an organization’s customer support practices, policies, objectives, and initiatives. They are responsible for the leadership and management of Customer Service and Technical Support to ensure the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Saddleback Customer Service and Reinvent Technical Support to provide exceptional customer support and high customer satisfaction for customers and reseller partners.
- Develops, measures, and achieves service level standards focused on response times, issue resolution, service quality, and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Establishes policies and procedures that produce high quality customer support and that reflect industry best practices.
- Aligns customer service and technical support activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.
- Drive organizational excellence through continuous staff development that enhances employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills and morale.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the Customer Service and Technical Support teams and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Develop & mentor managers and team members to become exceptional customer service champions.
- Ensures that systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics
- Manages resource decision-making, planning, and best practices
- Serves as the point person for interfacing cross-functionally to ensure that the Customer Service and Technical Support organizational needs are met and that the voice of the customer is represented.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and job experience in related field
- Minimum five (5) years of leadership experience in customer service/technical support required, with a good understanding of People and Process Management
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of Business Support Systems (BSS), Operational Support Systems (OSS), and Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems and processes.
- Ability to make quick and sound decisions under varying circumstances, balancing customer advocacy with business objectives
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Honest and Humble
- Reliable and Takes Ownership
- Team Player and Can-do Attitude
- Professionally Competent & Disciplined
- Customer Focused
- Proactive & Problem Solver
- Strategic Orientation – Able to contribute to the overall strategy, culture and financial success of the company with specific expertise in strategic planning and execution.
- Leadership – Has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in accounting and finance strategies and methodologies, able to translate financial strategy into specific policies and procedures. Able to select, train, develop, coach, mentor and retain a highly motivated workforce.
- Results Orientation – Proven ability to set and exceed strategic targets with a keen ability to drive success and accountability through the organization.
- Technical Acumen – Strong understanding of telecommunications products, technologies and software including, but not limited to voice, data, and layered services in a cloud, hosted or TDM based infrastructure.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – Highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – Able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner.
- Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making – Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Organization & Time Management – Able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Systems & Software – Proficient level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) – Strong understanding of UCaaS and SIP platforms, with the ability to provide technical guidance to the team.
- Local Number Portability (LNP) – Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of LNP industry practices, with the ability to provide effective support to the LNP team.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Public speaking/group presentations
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Leadership and supervisory, managing people
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.