Customer Service Representative I
DEPARTMENT: Operations – Customer Service
JOB TITLE: Customer Service Representative I (CSR I)
REPORTING TO: Customer Service Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE PREPARED: December 2022
The Customer Service Representative I (CSR I) will provide quality customer service for Residential customers.
The position assists customers over the telephone and in person with trouble resolution, service requests, billing
inquiries, posting of payments, and collection of delinquent accounts. The CSR I will process service orders for
residential services and recommends the appropriate services to residential customers based on customer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer customer service line in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Saddleback Communications’ residential products, service offerings and pricing, and communicates the appropriate services to customers in response to their requirements.
- Processes orders and required agreements for new residential services, including disconnections, moves, adds, and service changes.
- Generates, scheduling, dispatches, and tracks trouble tickets.
- Receives, records, and posts customer payments and balance the daily cash report accurately.
- Creates or modifies directory listings, 911, and CARE records.
- Assists customer with billing inquiries while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Three (3) year of experience in Customer Service including at least one year in supporting Business Services is required.
- Company Orientation – able to learn regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to residential customers, building relationships and acting as internal company advocate.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Project management– basic skills in managing projects
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Exceptional verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Exceptional written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Verify data and information
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.