Channel Manager (Central Area)
JOB TITLE: Channel Manager (Central Region)
REPORTING TO: Director of Channel
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: March 2023
The Channel Manager will be responsible for finding and developing new reseller partners and driving them to generate revenue to meet or exceed quota in the Central area of the US. This includes identifying, qualifying, recruiting, training, and driving partners to generate revenue through sales of Re-invent Telecom’s white-labeled hosted VoIP telephony and unified communications services. Candidates will ideally be located in the Chicago land area but can be located anywhere in the central United States.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently and creatively sources qualified leads and prospects in-territory for effective new resellers.
- Achieves both new qualified reseller-add targets and revenue targets.
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships with reseller partners.
- Drives and sometimes leads partner training including sales, pre-sales, billing and ordering.
- Develops resellers to become increasingly self-sufficient in the marketing and selling of Reinvent’s hosted VoIP and unified communications product/services.
- Communicates on a regular basis Re-invent product changes and strategy to resellers.
- Attends tradeshows and events that enhance Reinvent’s market position and brand recognition among existing and prospective resellers.
- Tracks, forecasts and reports sales activity and revenue as required.
- Travels approximately 50-75%, as required.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable and effective experience is required.
- Five (5) years of selling complex communications solutions to SMB and enterprise market.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cloud-based services including hosted VoIP PBX and SIP trunking is required.
- Experience selling wholesale channel segment to MSP’s, VAS, and Resellers a plus.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Hosted PBX, UCaaS and Carrier Services.
- Proven top performer with a record of exceeding sales quotas
- Sales Results – proven ability to achieve a high level of sales success, meet and exceed sales targets, develop new business and manage relationships with top customers.
- Customer Service & Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base/market, building relationships and a referral network within a territory.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision and a high degree of self-motivation and self-direction. Able to plan, schedule, and organize professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail in a high pressure environment.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to use common CRM solutions to track opportunities.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Public speaking/group presentations
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Leadership and supervisory, managing people
- Operate office equipment
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
- Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.