Network Operations Manager
JOB TITLE: NOC Manager
REPORTING TO: Director of Network Management
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: September 2021
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager plays a critical role in managing the end-to-end operational lifecycle of Saddleback and Reinvent’s Network services, customer support and infrastructure. The NOC Manager’s role is to work collaboratively with operational, infrastructure and customer facing teams to help ensure the stable operation, reliability, and security of Saddleback’s infrastructure and Network services. The position is responsible for technical support management, reporting and productivity, process review/ revision/implementation, service delivery and compliance as well as mentoring and training teams supporting multiple technologies and providing services in a consistent and measurable fashion. The Network Operations Manager works collaboratively with operations and business teams and will provide guidance and input into strategic direction/development of core network services and infrastructure monitoring and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages team of VoIP analysts and engineers
- Manages team of Local Number Portability (LNP) specialists
- Manages customer and partner relationships, serving as an escalation point for critical issues
- Develops and manages customer centric metrics
- Works closely with Customer Service, Network Planning, Product Management, Sales, Service and Transport teams, supporting order processing and workflow.
- Responsible for the timely provisioning of orders and the troubleshooting of customer issues
- Works with Product Cross-functional teams to deploy product plan and ensure clear communication and objectives to teams
- Develops strategic plans for continuous improvement of the Network Operations and Network Management Center to include assimilation of new technologies and network management platforms.
- Effectively communicates and trains the workforce on the products and services
- Stays informed of industry trends and competitor activity; assists in the development of strategies to move Saddleback to being an industry leader in managing customer services
- Communicates key information to all stakeholders
- Responsible for development of process and disciplines within the Network Operations Center
- Responsible for reviewing staff training needs and requirements to maintain world-class service goals
- May perform NOC/support functions as needed which include designing, developing, configuring, provisioning, testing and troubleshooting network services and infrastructure
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six (6) or more years of technical telecommunications operations experience, with preference given to experience on Metaswitch Softswitch and/or hosted VoIP environments.
- Three (3) or more years of Leadership or supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen.
- Strategic Orientation – able to contribute to the overall strategy, culture and financial success of the company with specific expertise in the execution of high-end customer support. Possess knowledge in accounting and finance strategies and methodologies, able to translate financial strategy into specific policies and procedures.
- Results Orientation – Proven ability to set and exceed strategic targets.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Able to select, train, develop, coach, mentor and retain a highly motivated workforce.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making – able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings, and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule and organize to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Systems & Software – proficient level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and other software applications as listed above.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Verify data and information
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Public speaking/group presentations
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Leadership and supervisory, managing people
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screen
- Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
- Electrical current
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.